Housing & Community Development
What is Housing & Community Development?
Housing & Community Development is a division of Boise's Planning & Development Services Department. We support a livability from housing and neighborhoods to social and human services.
The City of Boise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Any document on Housing & Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
- Public Comment Period - December 5 - 26, 2017
Public comment is being accepted for the 2017 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evalation Report (CAPER) that will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on or around December 31, 2017. A public hearing will be held on December 22, 2017 at 10:00 am in the Belgravia Conference Room of City Hall. The format of the CAPER is the required template as prescribed by HUD.
English Legal Announcement
Spanish Legal Announcement
CAPER REPORTS (Attachment)
Our Mission Statement
- To develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities principally for persons of low and moderate income.
- The four strategic goals are:
- Prevent & Reduce Homelessness
- Expand Affordable Housing
- Preserve Affordable Housing
- Increase Neighborhood LIvability