Housing & Community Development
- Public Comment and Hearing for Conflict of Interest - NEW!
Beginning May 18, 2016, the City will be accepting public comment on an AutumnGold employee that has expressed interest in purchasing a property that AutumGold has acquired. AutumnGold is a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) that acquires and rehabilitates single family homes. After rebabilitation, AutumnGold then sells the single family house to an income eligible household (80% or less of Area Median Income). A public hearing will be held on June 2, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. The public hearing will be in the Cedars Conference Room of 1025 S. Capitol Boulevard. The public comment period will be 35 days and concludes on June 22, 2016.
To learn more, including how to comment, please use these links: English Spanish
- Public Comment and Hearing for Conflict of Interest -
The City of Boise's public comment period for two City Employees that currently reside in City owned affordable rental housing. The public comment period will end on May 20, 2016.
To learn more: English Spanish
- Housing First Scattered and Site-Based Approaches
- Boise's Housing Strategy
The City of Boise’s Affordable Housing Strategy is a realistic depiction of need, available resources, and investments. In 2015, the City has invested approximately $4.5 million to serve disadvantaged households within Boise and Ada County. Learn more
How to Help
- Want to help those in need? Boise has a number of non-profit organizations that provide direct services to people experiencing homelessness in our community.
- Please consider donating to these organizations. They provide shelter, food and other basic items to those in need.
What is Housing & Community Development?
Housing & Community Development is a division of Boise's Planning & Development Services Department. We support a diverse range of issues affecting our community, from affordable housing to social and human services.
The City of Boise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Any document on Housing & Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Our Mission Statement
- To develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities principally for persons of low and moderate income.