Housing & Community Development
December 5, 2016
The draft 2015 Program Year Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) is available for public comment until December 20, 2016.
August 1, 2016
Housing First is the most effective approach to ending homelessness. It centers on quickly moving people experiencing homelessness into independent an…
August 1, 2016
The City of Boise’s Affordable Housing Strategy is a realistic depiction of need, available resources, and investments.
What is Housing & Community Development?
Housing & Community Development is a division of Boise's Planning & Development Services Department. We support a diverse range of issues affecting our community, from affordable housing to social and human services.
The City of Boise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Any document on Housing & Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Our Mission Statement
- To develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities principally for persons of low and moderate income.
- The four strategic goals are:
- Prevent & Reduce Homelessness
- Expand Affordable Housing
- Preserve Affordable Housing
- Increase Neighborhood LIvability