Housing & Community Development
January 30, 2017
The City of Boise will be accepting written comments for changes to the 2016 Annual Action Plan.
August 1, 2016
Housing First is the most effective approach to ending homelessness. It centers on quickly moving people experiencing homelessness into independent an…
March 8, 2017
The city's Housing and Community Development team is currently recruiting for two AmeriCorps VISTA members to serve within our division.
What is Housing & Community Development?
Housing & Community Development is a division of Boise's Planning & Development Services Department. We support a diverse range of issues affecting our community, from affordable housing to social and human services.
The City of Boise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Any document on Housing & Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Our Mission Statement
- To develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities principally for persons of low and moderate income.
- The four strategic goals are:
- Prevent & Reduce Homelessness
- Expand Affordable Housing
- Preserve Affordable Housing
- Increase Neighborhood LIvability