Housing & Community Development
- Public Comment and Hearing for Conflict of Interest - NEW!
Beginning April 15, 2016, the City will be accepting public comment on City employees that rent City-owned affordable rental housing units. A public hearing will be held on May 13, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. The public hearing will be in the Cedars Conference Room of 1025 S. Capitol Boulevard. The public comment period will be 35 days and concludes on May 20, 2016.
To learn more, including how to comment, please use these links: English Spanish
- First Amendment to the 2015 Annual Action Plan - NEW!
The City of Boise needs to amend items to the current 2015 Annual Action Plan. Public Comment will be accepted March 30, 2016 through May 8, 2016. (Date extended)
To learn more: English Spanish
Comments Received Through April 4, 2016
- City of Boise's Five-Year Consolidated Planning Process - NEW!
- Housing First Scattered and Site-Based Approaches
- Boise's Housing Strategy
The City of Boise’s Affordable Housing Strategy is a realistic depiction of need, available resources, and investments. In 2015, the City has invested approximately $4.5 million to serve disadvantaged households within Boise and Ada County. Learn more
How to Help
- Want to help those in need? Boise has a number of non-profit organizations that provide direct services to people experiencing homelessness in our community.
- Please consider donating to these organizations. They provide shelter, food and other basic items to those in need.
What is Housing & Community Development?
Housing & Community Development is a division of Boise's Planning & Development Services Department. We support a diverse range of issues affecting our community, from affordable housing to social and human services.
The City of Boise does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
- Any document on Housing & Community Development's website can be translated into other languages upon request.
Our Mission Statement
- To develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities principally for persons of low and moderate income.